Every year on 14 October, IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) joins the international community in celebrating the importance of standards development and honoring the collaboration of individuals and organizations across the globe who drive technological innovation.
Our theme for this year’s celebration is “Raising the World’s Standards for the Protection of the Planet.” Over the last century, large-scale industrial activities, rapid population growth, urbanization, and inequality have negatively impacted the earth, our lives, and the well-being of future generations. The concept of sustainable development has become more important than ever, and global standards play a key role in supporting the environmental, social, and economic sustainability of our planet and human society.
Join the celebration by entering the 2020 Video Contest
Submit a short video of any genre (e.g., self-recorded video, animation, documentary, music video, etc.) that answers the question: How do standards protect the planet? IEEE SA will select up to three (3) winning videos. Each winner will receive a $500 USD prize.
Your Video Entry Must:
- Be between 15 and 60 seconds in length
- Be in English or include English subtitles
- Provide the required information upon submission
- Provide the URL link to the hosted video
- Be original content
- Have the proper permission to use any imagery, footage, and other content in the submission and include credit as necessary
- Include reference to IEEE standard(s)
- Be relevant to the theme of “How to raise standards for the protection of the planet?”
- Not contain inappropriate or offensive content
- 15 September 2020 at 11:59 PM US EDT
- Response to question
- Quality of production
Before you submit your video, please view the full contest rules.
- Our past winner videos
- What are standards? Why are they important?
- IEEE standards & projects for sustainable development
- IEEE SA communities and resources for sustainable development