The Environmental Assessment of Standards Committee (EASC) is seeking new member nominees. Ideal candidates must be active in IEEE, be familiar with IEEE processes, and meet the outlined criteria.
The EASC is realigning its membership to ensure a balance of stakeholder perspectives in the committee, and to fill recent vacancies. The EASC would like to fill these vacancies with candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Have some experience and/or knowledge of the IEEE standards development process, preferably the IEEE 1680 family of standards and/or other SDO processes
- Are representative of roles not currently being represented:
- Producers of Computers and/or Servers (The EASC will be creating or updating standards for these areas soon). ITIC currently holds 1 of the 2 slots for this category.
- Recyclers, or Retailers, or their trade associations. This category also includes suppliers. A chemical supplier currently represents 1 of the 2 slots for this category.
- Have confirmed their interest in joining the EASC
- Are compromisers and good listeners, interested in finding solutions to problems efficiently
- Are able to participate in two hour meetings once a month and ad hoc projects as needed
- Effectively represent their stakeholder category in discussions while keeping the bigger picture in mind
If you are interested in being considered for a slot on the EASC, and meet the criteria outlined above; or want to nominate someone you think would be a good candidate, please email your nominations (include the name of the candidate and a brief description of how the candidate meets the requirements) to EASC Sponsor Co-Chair, Elwood Holly by C.O.B. Wednesday, November 30, 2011
- Environmental Assessment of Standards Committee (EASC
- 1680-2009 IEEE Standard for Environmental Assessment of Electronic Products
- 1680.1-2009 – IEEE Standard for Environmental Assessment of Personal Computer Products, Including Notebook Personal Computers, Desktop Personal Computers, and Personal Computer Displays
- P1680.2 – IEEE Draft Standard for Environmental Assessment of Imaging Equipment
- P1680.3 – IEEE Draft Standard for the Environmental Assessment of Televisions