In celebration of World Standards Day 2019, IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) is hosting a video contest that asks the question, “What does the future of technology standards look like?”
Submit your short video response that tells us what technologies might being standardized in the future. Based on the submissions, IEEE SA will select up to three videos to receive a prize valued up to $500.00 USD.
- Each entrant must complete the contest submission form.
- Submissions must include self-identification, including a legitimate email address and legal name.
- Videos should be between 15-60 seconds and discuss what the future of technology standards might look like.
- Must provide a link to your video.
- IEEE membership is not required to participate.
- View full contest rules
Contest end date:
- 30 August 2019
- Response to question
- Quality of production
Standards are published documents that establish specifications and procedures designed to maximize the reliability of the materials, products, methods and/or services people use every day. Some examples are
- IEEE 802® – Local Area Networks/Metropolitan Area Networks
- IEEE 1801™ – Low Power, Energy Aware Electronic Systems
- IEEE 11073™ – Series for Medical Devices
- IEEE 1484™ – Series for eLearning Technologies
- IEEE 1547™ – Series for Distributed Energy Resources
Submit your video below.
Submissions are now closed.
Beyond Standards is dedicated to promoting technology standards and celebrating the contributions of the individuals and organizations across the globe who drive technology development. Beyond Standards is brought to you by the IEEE Standards Association, a leading consensus building organization within IEEE that nurtures, develops and advances global technologies. IEEE standards drive the functionality, capabilities and interoperability of a wide range of products and services that transform the way people live, work and communicate. With collaborative thought leaders in more than 160 countries, we promote innovation, enable the creation and expansion of international markets and help protect health and public safety.