The IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) organized a workshop focused on Low Voltage Direct Current (LVDC) held 30 Jan 2017 in Mumbai India. Key segments pertaining to the development and deployment of LVDC systems in India and globally include
- The needs of the electrical power industry to provide safe and economic access to electricity in areas of developed and developing countries where centralized electric power generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure does not exist
- Highlights on new applications based on LVDC technologies that will impact energy efficiencies
- LVDC Microgrids that are becoming a vital infrastructure in both developing and developed economies
- Facilitating the use of clean renewable generation of electricity in these applications through standards like IEEE P2030.10™
- Highlighting developments of IEEE P2030.10 including design, operations, and maintenance of a DC microgrid for rural or remote applications
Beyond Standards is dedicated to promoting technology standards and celebrating the contributions of the individuals and organizations across the globe who drive technology development. Beyond Standards is brought to you by the IEEE Standards Association, a leading consensus building organization within IEEE that nurtures, develops and advances global technologies. IEEE standards drive the functionality, capabilities and interoperability of a wide range of products and services that transform the way people live, work and communicate. With collaborative thought leaders in more than 160 countries, we promote innovation, enable the creation and expansion of international markets and help protect health and public safety.