Creating a Vibrant IoT Ecosystem through Consensus-Based Collaboration
It is predicted that 50 to 100 billion things will be electronically connected by 2020. This Internet of Things (IoT) will fuel technology innovation by creating the means for machines to communicate many different types of information with one another. With all objects in the world connected, lives will be transformed. But the success of IoT depends strongly on standardization, which provides interoperability, compatibility, reliability, and effective operations on a global scale.
Recognizing the value of IoT to industry and the benefits this technology innovation brings to the public, the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) is offering a one-day workshop to:
- identify collaboration opportunities and standardization gaps related to IoT;
- help industry foster the growth of IoT markets;
- leverage IEEE’s value and platform for IoT industry-wide consensus development; and
- help industry with the creation of a vibrant IoT ecosystem.
Featured in this free, one-day workshop will be leaders and innovators from Bouygues Telecom, ABI Research, the SIM Alliance, Huawei, and STMicroelectronics delivering the following:
- Hubert Cariou and Eric Bertrand of Bouygues Telecom highlight the telecommunications view of IoT
- Craig Foster of ABI Research discusses key trends in the connected smart home
- Michele Scarlatella of the SIM Alliance, and Olivier Rousseau of STMicroelectronics feature a discussion about end-to-end system security
- Chuck Adams of Huawei and Noelle Humenick of IEEE showcase the advantages of IEEE’s standards platform
This workshop also will include panel discussions, and will showcase a variety of IoT-related products presented by industry-leading companies.
Register now, and take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn and explore the ways in which IEEE standards and programs have enabled the evolution of the Internet of Things (IoT)!
The workshop will take place on 13 November 2012 in Milan, Italy. Registration and exhibitor space is free for this event.
Beyond Standards is dedicated to promoting technology standards and celebrating the contributions of the individuals and organizations across the globe who drive technology development. Beyond Standards is brought to you by the IEEE Standards Association, a leading consensus building organization within IEEE that nurtures, develops and advances global technologies. IEEE standards drive the functionality, capabilities and interoperability of a wide range of products and services that transform the way people live, work and communicate. With collaborative thought leaders in more than 160 countries, we promote innovation, enable the creation and expansion of international markets and help protect health and public safety.